Day: June 26, 2019
By Alisa Lazear; reblogged with permission from the CanLII Blog
Lexbox is a free tool designed to help you keep track of your legal research online that has been integrated into CanLII.
Lexbox folders are there to keep track of your research, but you may get caught up in a complex search query and forget to save a document or not realize you needed it until later.
The Lexbox “Recent History” feature can help you backtrack your research activity so you can access those documents you may have discarded. The feature was designed for legal researchers to look for a search they performed or a document they previously visited.
You can use the Lexbox search history feature to:
- Find a discarded search result
- Reload a complex search query that was not saved into one of your folders
- Track time spent on supported websites for billing purposes.
Keep in mind that you have the full control over the recording in Recent History:
- The tracking of your Recent History can be enabled or disabled from your Lexbox profile. It is enabled by default.
- Lexbox records your history for up to 30 days. You can delete all the items recorded in your Recent History, or individual items, at any time.