Day: February 1, 2019
The Law Society and Pro Bono Law Saskatchewan are proud planning partners of the Regina Public Library Legal Resource Fair occurring on February 2, 2019 at the Central Branch. The event includes information on Saskatchewan legal resource providers and organizations, public legal presentations and Pro Bono Law Saskatchewan clinics.
Tradeshow presenters include:
- Saskatchewan Queen’s Printer
- Pro Bono Law Saskatchewan
- ADR Institute of Saskatchewan
- The Association of Jurists en Francophonie Saskatchewan (Association of French speaking Lawyers)
- Family Law Information Centre, Ministry of Justice
- Child Support Recalculation Services
- Law Society of Saskatchewan
- Office of Residential Tenancies & Provincial Mediation Board
- SaskTel Pioneers – Free Income Tax Preparation Clinic @ United Way, Lyle Sampson, Coordinator Public Legal Education Association of Saskatchewan
Wills and Estates 10:00 – 11: 00 am
Plan for your future. Learn about making a valid will. The responsibilities of an executor, joint accounts, gifting and trusts.
Health Directives and Power of Attorney 11:15 – 12:15 pm
Learn about the legal documents required for health directives and power of attorney. This will allow someone you trust to make financial, personal and health-related decisions on your behalf.
Representing Yourself in Court 1:00 – 2: 00 pm
Learn about the different steps of a legal proceeding, how to organize evidence and how to prepare to represent yourself without a lawyer in a court case.
Understanding Small Claims Court 2:15 – 3:15 pm
Learn how to make a claim through Small Claims Court. This workshop will teach you how to complete the claim form, serving notice of the claim, and how to prepare for and conduct the hearing.
Your Rights as Tenant or Landlord 3:30 – 4:30 pm
This session will provide an overview of the rights and responsibilities of landlords and tenants including topics such as rent increases, evictions, and the hearing and appeal process.