Day: January 25, 2019
The Legal Resources page is your portal to all sources of law. Some sources are free for public use, others are licensed and you will need to log in through the Members Resources page. The latter are identified as such.
Let’s start at the top with three prominent links under the heading Legal Resources:
- Catalogue Search – Search our Primo Library Catalogue for books, seminars, conference proceedings, journals, government publications, and online resources
- CPD Materials – Full text access to a wide range of Continuing Professional Development papers. These papers are often a good way to familiarize yourself with a new area of Saskatchewan law
- eBooks (members) – We currently host collections of legal ebooks from Irwin Law, Emond and WestlawNext Canada
A bit further down, you will see the heading Find, which includes six categories:
- Cases – Links to CanLII, Case Mail, Saskatchewan Cases, vLex Canada (members), and WestlawNext Canada (members)
- Articles – Links to CanLII Commentary, HeinOnline (members), Index to Canadian Legal Literature (ICLL) (members)
- Sentencing Range – Links to Rangefindr (members), Saskatchewan Court of Appeal Sentencing Digests
- Forms and Precedents – Links to O’Brien’s Internet (members), Queen’s Bench Forms
- Legislation – Publications Saskatchewan (public access to all Saskatchewan Legislation), Saskatchewan Bills, Saskatchewan Regulations
- Ebooks – all our subscription ebook sources (included in “eBooks” above), and CanLII Commentary
The next heading going down the page is Research Tools & Resources. This portion of the page contains links to some key materials, Members Resources and Law Society Databases, that overlap with the material listed above. Also included are our Subject Resource Lists, which will be of use if you are working in an area of law you are unfamiliar with, and Legal Research Guides, which are of general use in learning legal research.
Further down again, close to the bottom of the page, there are four boxes that contain links to important policies and additional information:
- Legal Resources and Services – A broad overview of the library’s services
- Services For The Public – Policies relating to our public service
- News, Media and Publications – Links to Legal Sourcery, Case Mail, Limitations Manual, Annual Reports, and Benchers’ Digest
- Frequently Asked Questions – 15 Questions that you asked us … and the answers!
And finally, on the right-hand panel, the Legal Resources page has a sidebar with additional important information. Near the top you will see the heading About Us – which includes links to our hours, locations, and contact info for individual staff members.
A little further down there are Related Links, which are quick links to some key free resources. Some of these are included in other parts of the page, and others, such as Family Law Saskatchewan, are not.
At the bottom of the sidebar, you will see Popular Resources, which includes such things as rules, forms, manuals & guides – again, some of which are included in other parts of the page.
And finally, at the top of the sidebar, there is a blue box with the text Need Assistance? Ask a Librarian. This includes a link to our Reference email. We hope to hear from you soon!