Over the past number of months, our team has been updating our website as part of our commitment to be more user-friendly, expand communication, and better meet information needs of our members and the public. We are excited to announce the launch of the improved Law Society website.
Some items to note:
- Our web address remains the same – The website will still be accessed at http://www.lawsociety.sk.ca. Please note previously bookmarked pages may have moved in the reordering of the new website. However, any bookmarked forms or documents should remain unchanged.
- Some old images might be saved – Because the address stayed the same, some images will be cached. If anything doesn’t look quite right, hold down the shift key and press F5.
- Quicklinks –. Three sets of quicklinks have been developed for the main page of the website based on member feedback and website analytics: Public, Lawyers & Students, and Resources & Support. We estimate that these quicklinks will eliminate approximately 80 percent of current website searches.
- Find a Lawyer – The website includes additional resources to assist the public, including an improved Find a Lawyer In addition to searching for a lawyer by name and location, the public can also search by area of practice.
- FAQs – Frequently asked sections (FAQs) have been added in key areas to assist our members and the public. For example, for Continuing Professional Development and Legal Resources.
We hope the improvements to the new site structure and functionality provide you with the information you are looking for, in the shortest amount of time. However, as with any major revamp, your patience is appreciated. We encourage feedback so we can quickly fine tune throughout the transition process. If you spot any concerns after the launch, please don’t hesitate to let us know at email@example.com.