By Alan Kilpatrick
The Law Society Library is open to the public. We are a strong supporter of access to justice and improved access to legal information in Saskatchewan. We encourage you to visit our library and take advantage of our print resources and expertise.
Members of the public are welcome to use our print resources during regular business hours. However, we are not a public library and cannot lend materials out to the public. You can browse our Library Catalogue online here.
We carry thousands of current legal textbooks, loose leafs, encyclopedias and dictionaries, as well as collections of print statutes and regulations, forms and precedents, and law reporters. Our collection is a great source of legal information as it comprehensively covers every area of Canadian law. It is a valuable starting point for someone looking to obtain information about the law.
Our staff is ready to provide the public with basic legal information assistance in person, over the phone, and via email. We can teach you about conducting basic legal research, suggest resources for further learning, and, when necessary, make referrals to the appropriate organizations that provide legal advice.
Our self-service photocopiers in the Regina and Saskatoon Libraries are available to the public:
- Copies are $0.25 per page plus GST
- All copies are bound by restrictions under the Copyright Act
| What we can do for the public:
• Locate statutes, regulations or cases in print or online, as well as other materials in our collection.
• Help you learn to use the most useful online resources.
• Suggest resources for further research
Make referrals to other legal service organizations in Saskatchewan
|What we can’t do for the public:
• Provide legal advice or offer opinions on legal matters.
• Select statutes, regulations or cases for a specific situation, or interpret the meaning of them.
• Describe how to file a document or which document to file.
• Comment on how to proceed with court actions
Our Contact Information
Please do not hesitate to contact or visit us for assistance:
- Regina Library: 306-569-8030
Toll free: 1-877-989-4999
2425 Victoria Avenue
- Saskatoon Library: 306-933-5141
520 Spadina Crescent East
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hours: Monday to Friday 9:00 am – 12:00 noon; 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Evenings and weekends – closed
Holidays – closed
Some of the text was adapted from the 2016 Public Services Flyer developed by former Law Society staff member Kelly Laycock.