Just before Christmas, the Law Society Library launched Primo, our new cataloguing system. Going forward, Primo will be the best way to locate legal information in Saskatchewan: ebooks, textbooks, articles, case law, precedents, government documents – everything! It’s your key to discovering all the resources in the Law Society Library’s legal collection.
Our previous cataloguing system was limited in that it only allowed users to search the library’s print materials. However, the Law Society offers many more resources for both our members and the public. The new system will allow one-stop-shopping to all our current and future resources – including direct links to materials. In phases over the next year, we will be including the following in the catalogue:
- All Law Society created materials – including those found on our Practice Resource page, Publications page, and Members’ Section
- All commercial databases and online resources housed in the Members’ Section
- CPD materials – including recorded versions of webinars
- Any future resources or documents added to the Law Society website
- Resources from outside sources and include links. For example, we can include all PLEA resources.
So if you are searching for a particular subject area, such as will and estates, the catalogue will list all print, online, CPD or outside source we have entered. Stay tuned for updates throughout the year on the progress of this project. In the meantime, please watch the free recorded webinar on Primo to learn how to best use the system. The webinar qualifies for 1 CPD hour.