Day: August 3, 2017
Summer is in full swing, and the Law Society wants you to take a break from the heat, sit in your comfiest cool leather chair with a tall glass of lemonade and your air conditioning roaring—and read our Summer issue of the Benchers’ Digest. What better time to read the latest news from Convocation, or take a peek at the upcoming CPD activities. Maybe you want a bit more to chew—our feature articles are all about National Aboriginal Day and the importance of respecting diversity. Some of the highlights include:
- Call to Action #27 Update
- A Voice at the Table: An Indigenous Benchers’ Perspective
- Working to Preserve the Battleford Industrial School Cemetery and The Efforts of Two Sask Lawyers
- One Book One Province: The Education of Augie Merasty
- Sask Book Awards: Highlighting Aboriginal Writing and Publishing
Fall is just around the corner, and the Benchers’ Digest is in production now! The theme is Women and the Law: Moving in the Right Direction. Are you a woman in the legal profession? We want to know why you chose the law! What advice would you give young women wanting to become a legal professional? Contact email@example.com with your story and receive a free print copy of the Fall issue. Submission deadline: August 15.