By Sarah Roussel-Lewis
Estates Trusts & Pensions Journal
Volume 36, Number 3 (May 2017)
- Five Years Later: Ambiguities and Oddities in Alberta’s Wills and Succession Act / Stephen Arhcibald and Mitchell McInnes
- A Case for Uniformly Abolishing the Rule Against Perpetuities in Canadian Trust Law / Peter Roy Cotton-O’Brien
- The Evolution of the Law with Respect to Beneficiaries’ Rights to Information: Where are We Now, and What are the Practical Implications? / Sarah Dukema
- October 3, 2016 Changes to the Principal Residence Deduction / David G. Thompson
- Margaret R. O’Sullivan, Book Review of Passing Wealth On Death: Will Substitutes in Comparative Perspective by Alexandra Braun and Anne Röthel (2017) ETPJ 299.
- Howard S. Simmons, Book Review of Macdonell, Sheard and Hull on Probate Practice by Ian M. Hull and Suzana Popovic-Montag (2017) ETPJ 304.
- Simon Archer, Book Review of Empty Promises: Why Workplace Pension law Doesn’t Deliver Pensions by Elizabeth J. Shilton (2017) ETPJ 308.
Queen’s Law Journal
Volume 42, Number 2 (Spring 2017)
- An Unfair and Costly Burden: Assessing the Impact of Section 794(2) of the Criminal Code on the Criminal Justice System / Peter Sankoff, Sarah Denholm & Brandyn Rodgerson
- Grounding Equality in Social Relations: Suspect Classification, Analagous Grounds and Relational Theory / Jessica Eisen
- (Re-)Constitutionalizing Duress and Necessity / Colton Fehr
- Assessing Damages for the Public Disclosure of Private Facts: The Case of Jane Doe 464533 v ND / Evan Rankin
- Matthew Welch, Book Review of Lawfare: Law as a Weapon of War by Orde F. Kittrie (2017) Queen’s LJ 147.
UBC Law Review
Volume 50, Number 2 (June 2017)
- Leaks in the System: Environmental Flows, Aboriginal Rights, and the Modernization Imperative for Water Law in British Columbia / Deborah Curran
- Another Good Things: Ross River Council v Canada in the Yukon Court of Appeal, Or: Indigenous Title, “Presentism” in Law and History, and Judge Begbie Puzzle Revisited / Hamar Foster
- Property and Sovereignty: An Indian Reserve and a Canadian City / Douglas C. Harris
- Cutting the Cord: The Independence of Corporate Spinoffs in Canada / Duncan Melville
- Intersecting Challenges: Mothers and Child Protection Law in BC / Judith Mosoff, Isabel Grant, Susan B. Boyd and Ruben Lindy
- Originalist Reasoning in Canadian Constitutional Jurisprudence / Léonid Sirota and Benjamin Oliphant
Windsor Review of Legal and Social Issues
Volume 38 (May 2017)
- More Than Wishful Thinking: Recent Developments in Recognizing the “Right to Housing” Under s. 7 of the Charter / Scott McAlpine
- The Law, Psychiatry and Pathologization of Gender-Confirming Surgery for Transgender Ontarians / Matthew P. Ponsford
- “I simply do no Believe…”: A Case Study of Credibility Determinations in Canadian Refugee Adjudication / Sean Rehaag
- Gamete Donor Anonymity in Canada: An Overview of Potential