Day: June 2, 2017
The Law Society’s Annual General Meeting will be held on June 15 at the Double Tree Hilton Hotel in Regina.
We will be hosting an esteemed panel from across Canada for a CPD panel discussion on the inevitability of change and the impact that technology will have on the legal profession, and more broadly, on the legal system.
The panel will include:
- Tim Brown, Executive Director of the Law Society of Saskatchewan. Tim will be introducing the topic and setting the stage for our discussion.
- Fred Headon, Assistant General Counsel, Labour & Employment at Air Canada will be sharing his wealth of knowledge on change and how it relates to the legal profession.
- Karen Dyck, Executive Director at Manitoba Law Foundation has acquired significant experience in technology change through all of her involvement with not for profit organizations. She is well positioned to discuss these changes and the opportunities it may create from an access to justice perspective.
- Last but not least, we will hear from Dan Pinnington, Vice President, Claims Prevention & Stakeholder Relations at LAWPRO. Dan is a prolific writer, speaker and blogger on legal malpractice, risk management, legal technology and law practice management issues.
- Assisting us with the panel discussion, as our moderator, will be Craig Zawada, Director of Boundary Pushing at WMCZ Lawyers.
Do not miss this unique opportunity to hear our panelists offer insight into the many issues and opportunities surrounding technology and its impact on the legal profession.
This event qualifies for 2 CPD hours, which also qualifies for Ethics. Register here.