By Kelly Laycock
The latest issue of the Benchers’ Digest is now available. This is a special issue for a few reasons. First of all, it is a new year, and as tradition dictates, we have our President’s Message and Profile on the Vice-President for 2017 front and centre. Secondly, as most of you know, the Law Society has a new Executive Director at its helm as of January. See page 6 for our Q&A with Tim Brown and hear about his vision for the future of the LSS.
Another feature of this issue is our focus on the 110th Anniversary of the Law Society of Saskatchewan! As a special treat, we’ve included a timeline (see page 7) of some major events since the formation of the Society back in 1907. We asked our Benchers to send in some stories and pictures of momentous occasions or interesting tidbits, so keep a watch out for those! For anyone wanting to submit something for posterity, you’ve still got time! We will be featuring any submissions on our blog, Legal Sourcery, over the next few months. Please send your stories to email@example.com.
Other highlights of Volume 30, Issue 1 include:
- Highlights of the Meeting of the Benchers from the December 1 &2, 2016, and February 8, 9 & 10,2017
- Gown to Gown Gala fundraiser for PBLS
- 2016 Queen’s Counsel Appointments
- Adventures of PBLS, a history of their success
- Riding the Digital Wave: Technology and the Library
- Lawyers and Social Media flowchart
- In Memoriam for Victor Dietz, QC
- Who’s Who at SLIA, welcoming Dave McCashin
- Many Thanks to the CPD volunteers from 2016
- Upcoming CPD activities
- Benchers’ Digest Survey statistics
- And more!
Find this issue and archives of past issues on the Law Society Publications page.
The Benchers’ Digest is published by the Law Society to update our members on policy and regulatory decisions made by the Benchers at Convocation, to inform members about Society programs and activities, and to provide news and announcements of interest to the legal profession.
Do you have something of interest to our readers that you’d like to include in the Summer issue of the Benchers’ Digest? Now is the time to let us know! Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your articles or notices.