This week I’d like to highlight the legal ethics Continuing Professional Development (CPD) programming offered by the Law Society. Glancing at the list of Upcoming Law Society CPD Activities, I see there are several activities planned for the spring:
- Select Dinner: Access to Justice – Join Tom Schonhoffer, Q.C. and Gerald Tegart, Q.C. as they discuss one of the most pressing issues facing the legal community today: Access to Justice.
- Sidebar Social Series: How to Get Evidence Before a Court – A panel of judges representing all three levels of court in Saskatchewan will discuss Provincial Court Procedure; Affidavits & Documents; and the Evidentiary Record and Fresh Evidence on Appeal.
- Doing Business With First Nations – May 25, 2016 (Saskatoon) & May 26, 2016 (Regina). Details and registration to follow.
Don’t forget about the recorded webinars on various legal ethics topics available through the Law Society CPD department. Recent topics include:
- “Surf the Net and Lose Your Trust Funds” – Cybercrime and Law Firms
- Managing Client Expectations
- Ethics and Civility in Practice and Beyond
If there are legal ethics issues you’d like to learn more about, please contact me and perhaps we can present an upcoming presentation or webinar on that topic.