By Ken Fox
For the next few weeks I will be introducing you to a series of non-legal databases that are available through your public library website, including news sources, magazine indexes, academic/research sources, business/career indexes, and how-to services.
First, to find out about obtaining a library card and PIN, use the link below for your library region and find a link to the “Services” page on your municipal or regional library website.
Here are the links to access the e-Resources in Saskatchewan public libraries:
- Regina Public Library – E-Library Services
- Saskatoon Public Library – Digital Media
- Chinook Regional Library – e-Resources
- Lakeland Library Region – e-Resources
- Pahkisimon Nuye?áh Library System – e-Resources
- Palliser Regional Library – e-Resources
- Parkland Regional Library – e-Resources
- Southeast Regional Library – e-Resources
- Wapiti Regional Library – e-Resources
- Wheatland Regional Library – e-Resources
To access the database, all users will be asked to enter their library barcode number and PIN at some point.
Maybe it seems like a lot of trouble to go through the process of obtaining a library card and navigating to these resources, and with questionable benefit. All I can say is, you don’t know what you’re missing. There are WORLDS of information on everything imaginable that are FREE to you, and are NOT available on the web, and can’t be googled. My advice is to visit your local branch library and get this stuff sorted out – it’s easy!