The Court of Queen’s Bench has made a number of amendments to its Rules of Court and related forms. The amendments come into effect on January 1, 2016. The amendments, include:
- the requirement that originating applications be issued before they are served;
- clarification on when issues may be resolved by summary judgment;
- the requirement that proof of death (such as a funeral director’s certificate) be filed with applications for probate and administration;
- changes to the Application for Grant of Administration form to clarify the basis on which a bond is or is not required;
- new forms for Application for Case Conference and Appointment for Questioning;
- as well as formatting amendments to all forms including the removal of the clerk’s stamp.
The rule amendments can be found in Saskatchewan Gazette volume 111 no. 44, Part I (a subsequent correction confirms the effective date of January 1, 2016). The amended forms in PDF can be found on the Queen’s Printer website.
The Law Society Library will be working on providing the amended forms in individual Microsoft Word files.