Need to find criminal sentencing ranges quickly? Spend an hour with the Law Society Library and the developer of rangefindr to learn about helpful online tools that enable you to identify sentencing ranges at the click of a button. The webinar will include demonstrations on:
- rangefindr, a Canada-wide resource that lets you describe the kind of cases you’re looking for by selecting from hundreds of parameters, including provincial jurisdiction
- The Canadian Sentencing Digest, an online source available through WestlawNext, with Canada-wide digests back to 1980
- The Saskatchewan Court of Appeal Sentencing Digest, which provides access to sentencing appeals from 1982 to date
- The Saskatchewan Cases database, which includes a wide collection of lower-court sentences back to 1986
- Sentencing: The Practitioner’s Guide, an ebook available through WestlawNext
You’ll also learn about our latest research tips and tricks and special sentencing research strategies.
Registration Fees: $50.00 +5% GST = $52.50.
Date: Wednesday, October 21, 2015
Time: 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm CST