Day: February 2, 2015
Are you attending the CBA Mid-Winter Meeting being held February 5-6 in Saskatoon? The Law Society of Saskatchewan Library will be hosting a booth at the meeting.
Please visit us to say hello and learn more about the Law Society of Saskatchewan Library. Library staff will be on hand to tell you about the library’s exciting research services, online resources, and legal publications.
We look forward to talking to you. Please look for the library banner!
By Sarah Roussel-Lewis
Some interesting reads to help you ease into your week:
- 6 Terrible lawyer tattoos (Lawyerist)
- Adam Cyr guilty of 2nd-degree murder (CBC)
- Arrival of electronic document delivery drags Ontario lawyers kicking and screaming into the 21st century (Financial Post)
- “Catch me if you can”: Saskatchewan escapee taunts on Facebook (CBC)
- Deaf worker terminated due to “inconvenience” (First Reference Talks)
- John Howard Society, BCCLA sue Ottawa over solitary confinement (CBC)
- Important legal technology developments in 2014 (Slaw)
- Ontario law allows children to determine medical care (The Star)
- Strip club denied, Regina council gets standing ovation (CBC)
- Supreme Court strikes down Saskatchewan law that prevents right to strike (CBC)