Day: June 6, 2014
By Alan Kilpatrick
The Law Society of Saskatchewan Library is pleased to provide the Working With the Law ebook series from Emond Montgomery Publications to all Saskatchewan members. This series includes over 30 ebook titles. Subjects include administrative law, corporate & commercial law, civil litigation, contracts, criminal law, employment & labour law, family law, immigration law, professional & practice management, property, real estate & estates.
You can access the ebooks from the Members’ Section of the Law Society of Saskatchewan website.
Ebooks can be accessed by subject area or from an alphabetical list. For example, let’s take a look at Canadian Immigration and Refugee Law for Legal Professionals, 2nd Edition.
The ebook is laid out in an attractive format that is easy to read online. Let’s take a close look at some of the additional features offered.
- On the bottom left – We can select, copy, and paste excerpts of text directly from the ebook. A printing option allows us to print, and bookmark and note features are also available.
- On the top right – A search feature allows us to easily locate relevant sections of the ebook.
Let’s continue, for example, by identifying sections of the ebook that discuss foreign students. We can type foreign students in the search box on the top right.
Every instance of the search words in the ebook appears on the right side of the screen.
Other popular titles in the ebook series include:
- Advanced Corporate Legal Procedures, 2nd Edition
- Criminal Law for Legal Professionals
- Family Law: Practice and Procedure, 3rd Edition
- Fundamentals of Contract Law, 3rd Edition
- Wills and Estates, 3rd Edition
If you have any questions about the Working With the Law ebook series, ask a Law Society Librarian. Library staff provide legal research assistance to members in person, on the telephone, or by e-mail.
Call 306-569-8020 in Regina