In December 1912, the benchers decided to establish a law school in Regina. The Law Society purchased a house at 2118 Scarth Street from a successful local businessman W. Mason. Wetmore Hall, named after the Honourable Edward L. Wetmore, former chief justice of Saskatchewan, opened on October 1, 1913 with 49 students. Attendance dropped to 16 in 1915 due to the war. About the same time, University of Saskatchewan in Saskatoon decided to establish a College of Law, which opened in the fall of 1913. Wetmore Hall was closed in 1922 due to the cost of maintaining the school and the fact that there was another law school in the province. In 1960, Wetmore Hall was demolished and the site has been used as a parking lot ever since.